Our Lady of the Road - Resource Center
744 S. Main St.
South Bend, IN 46601
Resource Center Open Wednesdays 1:30-5:00pm
The Our Lady of the Road Resource Center seeks to connect those on the margins with the needed resources and accompaniment to realize their own agency. A few computers and internet access allow us to address some of the barriers to moving towards security and stability as flourishing members of society. Common services we often help folks with at the Resource Center include but are not limited to:
-Applying for COVID-19 economic stimulus relief
-Filing for unemployment
-Creating an email account
-Registering for SNAP food stamps
- ID/Driver’s License
-Connecting with Oaklawn (mental health and addiction services, inpatient treatment, psychiatric services, therapy, care facilitation, skills training, PATH housing program, etc)
Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Grant
**We are no longer offering in-person ERA sign ups during the Resource Center hours**
If you would like to apply to ERA please sign up through one of the following options -- 1) using the ERA Application button link below, or 2) on the SJC website: https://www.sjcindiana.com/2019/Emergency-Rental-Assistance-Program, or 3) you can go to one of the in-person sign ups at:
St. Augustine Parish
1501 W Washington St, South Bend, IN 46628
St. Joseph County’s Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) grant is designed to decrease evictions, increase housing stability, and prevent homelessness by helping tenants whose income has been negatively impacted by COVID-19 with rent and utility payments. ERA can provide eligible tenants with up to twelve (12) months of rental assistance. Utility assistance may also be provided to qualifying applicants for past due utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, and trash) and home energy (fuel oil, wood, coal, pellets, and propane) expenses.
• You must be a resident of St. Joseph County.
• Up to twelve months of rent and utility assistance may be provided (including past due balances accrued after April 1, 2020)
• The full amount of monthly rent may be paid up to the published limits
• ERA will pay the lower of either the amount of the lease OR the published rental amount
• Past due utilities and/or home energy expenses may be paid in full for balances
accumulated after April 1, 2020 through the date of application
• Any un-paid rent, including deposits, is the responsibility of the tenant
• Any un-paid utility and/or home energy obligation, including disconnect or reconnect, is the responsibility of the tenant
• Utility and/or home energy assistance may not be provided for costs included in the lease
• A landlord’s refusal to participate in ERA will not prevent a tenant from participating
• A utility and/or home energy provider’s refusal to participate in ERA will not prevent a tenant from participating in the program
Please Note: Submission of an Application does not guarantee approval; applications will be approved based upon eligibility criteria in the enabling statute. The program will be administered in a manner that treats all applicants equally regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, familial status, age, and disability, and in a manner compliant with federal, state, and local laws. This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by CFDA 21.023 awarded to St. Joseph County, Indiana by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.